We are looking for an awesome Business Development & Sales Assistant to help take our women's work to a wider market, both in India and internationally.
Read the job description below and write to firstname.lastname@example.org if this interests you or someone you know!
Chindi (www.chindi.in) is a Mumbai-based social enterprise that employs women from marginalised neighbourhoods to transform textile waste into homeware, accessories and jewellery.
We are seeking someone who can help us take our women’s work to a wider market. This role is an exciting mix of sales, business development, marketing strategy, geared towards social impact.
- Business development -- seeking and fostering partners for sales and collaborations with fashion houses, designers, manufacturing units, etc.
- Developing a sales strategy and partner database for online and offline sales channels, both in India and abroad
- Developing a marketing strategy and create an annual sales and marketing calendar
- Assisting with end-to-end logistics for managing sales through our website and other online/offline marketplaces
- Informing the product development process based on market research
- Representing Chindi at fairs, exhibitions, and flea markets
- Developing online marketing campaigns, mailers, etc.
The ideal candidate is/has:
- Based in Mumbai. This job can be done from home, but candidate must be willing to travel to our office in Bandra and our women’s centre in Mankhurd at least once a week.
- An enthusiastic self starter who is excited by a flexible startup work culture and dynamic work responsibilities
- Strong online research skills
- Familiar with various social media platforms
- Excellent people skills and ability to network and represent Chindi with a range of vendors and sales partners
- Prior experience in direct sales and customer engagement would be ideal
- Attention to detail and ability to manage people and operations
- A willingness to learn new things on the job, ensure personal and professional development and an openness to non traditional approaches to problem solving
- An interest in social enterprise, livelihoods, and sustainable fashion
- Willingness to take ownership for the success and impact of the social enterprise
What are we offering?
- The opportunity to be a core part of a unique socially oriented lifestyle brand, working at the cusp of women’s empowerment, sustainability and fashion
- Hands-on experience of working with and building a network of sales partners including retail stores, online marketplaces, design houses and like-minded brands
- The opportunity to directly impact the livelihoods of our craftswomen and other beneficiaries
- Being involved in all aspects of running and managing a profitable social enterprise
- Exposure to product design and translating our product range into impactful stories for consumer markets
- Monthly stipend plus covering all costs incurred as part of the role
- Trial period of 3 months, with the opportunity for a full-time job in the future
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email email@example.com by 20 April 2016 and tell us:
- Why are you excited by this role?
- Why are you the right person for the job?
- What prior relevant experience do you have, whether personal interests or professional work experience?
- Please also include a CV and any other relevant links. Some examples could be your blog, your Instagram account, your portfolio, etc.